Currently operating in over 50 countries around the world, we have tailored our moving services to each customer. When you relocate your home and family, you can count on our trusted network to get your belongings where they need to be - across town, across the country or even around the world.
How to save money for a move house?
10 advises for saving money
You want to move to another region? This can easily cost more than € 4000… but here are some advises for a move:
How much does it cost to move?
- Several factors are to be taken into account when moving internationally, the main ones are : The distance: the cost of your move will naturally be higher if your distance to travel is longer. The volume to be moved: The more boxes you have, the more volume and weight you will have to transport. This can significantly increase the price.
The destination of departure and arrival: The better your country will be frequented and the more roads will be used, the more competitive and less expensive the moving offers will be. If your destination is less served, it is likely that your move will be more expensive.
Transportation used: For an international move, air freight is the most expensive solution, but also the fastest, as opposed to sea freight which is the most economical solution, but with a much longer duration.
Tip # 1: Set your move date to save money
During the weak season, from mid-June to mid-September, when demand is highest, prices are 30-40% higher than during the rest of the year. By choosing the low season period, you can save between 20% and 25% and benefit from a more flexible service.
Tip # 2: Move only useful things
It is often difficult to separate from certain things, be it from a material, symbolic or psychological point of view, but we advise you to donate or sell what you no longer need, you will save on transportation! Similarly, do not carry the equipment you have planned to replace once in your new home. If you have a lot of “stock”, consider organizing a sale of storeroom type or garage sale.
Tip # 3: find accommodation during the move.
Your move may take several months, so it is possible that your future accommodation will not be available to you right away … If you are a student, the cheapest will be to stay in hostels. If not, try to find a room with the inhabitant, it is economical and you can meet nice people!
Tip # 4: store your furniture and equipment in self-storage.
If you need to store some of your furniture or business, the most economical solution will be self-storage: you will only need to put your belongings in cartons boxes, transport your furniture and organize your storage space. The company only deals with the provision of boxes and handling equipment, as well as their supervision.
Tip # 5: organize the menu of the days before the move
See what you have left and set the menu of the weeks before the move to gradually empty your cupboards and your freezer. Taking it in advance, you will have consumed your food before the day of your move and you will avoid wasting or wasting your food.
Tip # 6: Use a hub to move your car
A hub is a terminal where cars are loaded, unloaded and transferred. If you bring your car to one of these hubs, you will save the journey between the terminal and your home. Check our dedicated article on this subject: How to transfer the ownership of a car in Thailand?
Tip # 7: Ask the former owner or former tenant not to close the “energy” contracts
To avoid having to pay the costs of opening contracts for heating, water or gas, try to arrange with the previous occupant: ask him not to put an end to the previous contracts and to do only one statement. Opening a contract will cost more than a transfer.
Tip # 8: Try to rent your utility vehicle only one way.
This will save you having to bring your rental car back to its original destination, therefore your move will cost you less.
Tip # 9: Get moving cartons
The most economical will be to ask directly from the merchants of your city, indeed it can represent a certain cost to buy them new. For big boxes, ask the stores of equipment of the house, for the smallest sizes, privilege the booksellers or stores of cultural products.
Tip #10: decrease your invoice relocation by taking advantage of financial aid
Organizations such as CAF offer bonuses in specific situations, for example if the move occurs at the birth of the 3rd child. Mobili-Pass assistance can also provide you with significant financial assistance. Finally, your employer can take care of all or part of your move.
Some additional tips
- Differentiate your boxes by sticking stickers according to the room. This will make it easier for you to move into your future property.
- Leave your clothes on your hangers and protect them in a garbage bag.
- Rent a hand truck for your bulky appliances. Don't bother trying to transport your dishwasher with a person knowing that renting a hand truck costs 10 € a day.
- Moving during the week, when traffic is lighter than on weekends, can save you time.
- Do not hesitate to rent a parking space in front of your home if it is located in town, it will allow you to park without hindrance.
- Make handles in your boxes in order to have holds and be able to move them more quickly.
- Save your boxes by transporting your soft objects in plastic bags such as your stuffed animals or your cushions.
- Sell items you don't want to keep at a yard sale, by placing ads on second hand sites or through an auction.
- Borrow the tools you need for your move from friends and family, such as blankets to protect your furniture or straps to secure your boxes.
Interested in our services? Need personalized information?
Our experts will answer you within 24 hours
FAQ | 10 tips to save money on your move
Is there any financial aid available when moving ?
Changing your place of residence is a real life project, which can generate costs that are sometimes difficult to assume. Depending on your situation, you can benefit from financial aid for your move. Fonds de Solidarité (FSL), CAF, Mobili-Pass, Les déménagements Guillaume present you the different subsidies to which you are entitled to reduce the cost of your move for individuals.
When is the best time to move?
The best time to move is usually the summer. However, summer is the busiest season for movers. Most people choose to move in summer because of the favourable weather conditions. So imagine that moving companies like DocShipper are extremely busy and if you don't plan your move in advance, you may find yourself alone. Therefore, you may want to consider doing it during the low season. The low season is usually winter and late autumn.
Do you accept all forms of relocation?
Yes, we accept simple boxes to complete houses. Textiles, crockery, furniture, two-wheeled vehicles, do not hesitate to ask us for advice.
How long does a move take?
A move can take more or less time depending on the distance between homes, the size of the load and the service chosen. It is impossible to say how long a move will take without knowing the size of the load and the distance between the new home and the old one. Each move is unique. It can take from one day to several days for long distance moves within France or international moves.
DocShipper info: Do you like our article today? For your business interest, you may like the following useful articles :
DocShipper Advise : We help you with the entire sourcing process so don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
- Having trouble finding the appropriate product? Enjoy our sourcing services, we directly find the right suppliers for you!
- You don't trust your supplier? Ask our experts to do quality control to guarantee the condition of your goods!
- Do you need help with the logistics? Our international freight department supports you with door to door services!
- You don't want to handle distribution? Our 3PL department will handle the storage, order fulfillment, and last-mile delivery!
SIAM Relocation - Best price moving company in Thailand !
Due to our attractive pricing, many customers trust our services and we thanks them. Stop to overpay the services and save money with our tailored package matching will all type of removals, from small volume to full house, let us find the best and cost-effective option.
Communication is important, which is why we strive to discuss in the most suitable way for you!