Big cleaning before moving
When making your accommodation, when you rent, you must return it in a good condition, the one where you found it.
- Do not leave anything in the refrigerator and clean inside as well as outside.
- Defrost your freezer
- The interior and exterior of your cabinets must be clean, do not forget the work plan.
- Do not forget to pyrolyze your oven
- Do not neglect the appearance of your appliances (microwave, dishwasher, etc …). Sponge on it.
- The washbasin in the bathroom must be perfectly clean, as well as the shower and toilet. Do not hesitate to rub very strongly areas with visible tasks.
- Dust must be made on all shelves
- The floors must be all clean, vacuum or sweep is essential
- -Wash the mop on the tiled areas and remove the stains on your carpet.
- There are some techniques to clean your walls. We advise you to take a soft glove or sponge with some laundry to remove any traces on the wall. A test is essential for a small area of the wall to know if the paint will resist this treatment.
- Remove anything that may have remained on the wall, nail, screw, hook, or paste to fix. You will have to cover the eventual hole left by these objects.
- The windows must be cleaned as well as all the outlines.
- It is necessary that all the bulbs of your home function and that it does not miss
- Empty garbage cans
- Don’t forget to take a photo of each piece, indeed it avoids disputes with the owner
Cleaning his new home
As if the packing cartons and the loading of the moving van have not already taken you too much time and energy! Now you have to tackle the leaching of your new home.
Moving in a new home
If you move into a house or apartment that has just been built or renovated, you may have thought that the cleaning session will not take much time. Think again! There is often a lot of “construction” dust and sometimes even unpleasant odors emanating from wall coverings (paint or wallpaper glue).
Start by wiping all high surfaces such as kitchen worktops, cabinet shelves, window sills … with a damp sponge or cloth. Be ready to repeat the operation several times, dust can come back after a first pass.
For possible odor problems, circulate the air as much as possible inside your home by opening the windows and doors or even if necessary by using fans.
Regarding the flooring, the procedure will depend on their characteristics: maintenance product for your tiles, foam or soap for your carpets and varnish or wax for your floors.
Moving in an old housing
If you are not bothered by the smell of fresh paint, the residue or stains left by the previous tenant or owner can make you feel bad and make you feel not really at home. The bathroom and the kitchen are particularly problematic. These two pieces are not always as impeccable in terms of hygiene as they should. Clean up everything you can before unpacking your things: what is done will not be done. For the most resistant residues, stay eco-friendly using baking soda.
If you inherit tasks on your carpet or inadvertently do it during your move, follow these tips:
- Avoid letting the stain dry so that it does not become irremediably fixed,
- Try to absorb or minimize the spilled product with a spoon, knife, sponge or cloth,
- Do not rub the task especially thinking that it will disappear. On the contrary, you risk aggravating the damage,
- Apply the stain remover recommended by the manufacturer with a clean white cloth,
- Absorb the liquid by pressing until you do not see any marks on your cloth,
- Dry without rubbing with another cloth.
Interested in our services? Need personalized information?
Our experts will answer you within 24 hours
FAQ | Cleaning house during a move
DocShipper info: Do you like our article today? For your business interest, you may like the following useful articles :
- Moving and Living in the Philippines: a Guide for Expats
- 12 Tips for Organizing a Successful Corporate Relocation
- The 4 Best Destinations for Expatriates in Thailand
- Moving and Working in Malaysia: Visa, Jobs, Cost of Living
- Working and Living in Indonesia: Cost, Visa, Procedures
DocShipper Advise : We help you with the entire sourcing process so don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!
- Having trouble finding the appropriate product? Enjoy our sourcing services, we directly find the right suppliers for you!
- You don't trust your supplier? Ask our experts to do quality control to guarantee the condition of your goods!
- Do you need help with the logistics? Our international freight department supports you with door to door services!
- You don't want to handle distribution? Our 3PL department will handle the storage, order fulfillment, and last-mile delivery!
SIAM Relocation - Best price moving company in Thailand !
Due to our attractive pricing, many customers trust our services and we thanks them. Stop to overpay the services and save money with our tailored package matching will all type of removals, from small volume to full house, let us find the best and cost-effective option.
Communication is important, which is why we strive to discuss in the most suitable way for you!